When it comes to my wardrobe, I like to keep things simple; clean lines, great colors, the occasional pattern. After spending my 20s purchasing cheap, trendy clothes, I’ve tried to move toward pieces that will last me the long haul. It’s not that I ignore trends all together (I did, in fact, buy a mullet dress this summer), but of-the-moment pieces are few and far between.
When it comes to accessories, however…mah lawd, I do love a good accessory. Classic, trendy, cheap, expensive, well-made, junky…I’ll take ’em all. Accessories are my THANG. Give me a Gap t-shirt, a ball skirt, and my collection of accessories and I could get you to the Oscars.
Oh wait, that’s been done already.
Anyway, you get it. Accessories. LOVE.
Want to see what accessories I’ve been wearing all summer?
- This leather-inlaid necklace is INSANELY beautiful, but more importantly, wearable with everything and in every season.
- The perfect studs. And the deal of the century.
- I felt a little bit guilty buying these sunnies, but given the fact that I wear them every day and answer to hey, movie star! now, it makes it all worth it.
- For Mother’s Day, my husband gave me a stunning gold-plated cuff. Having always been more of a bangle or link bracelet girl, I never knew how much I would love a gold cuff. I’ve worn it approximately 68 days since I got it. He got mine from a super cute shop on the North Shore, but here’s a similar one.
- I have coveted a white tote (and particularly this white tote) for a long, long time. But the dirt was keeping me from the move. Whatevs, that’s what leather cleaner is for.
- Turns out leopard is sort of like black, white, and navy — it goes with everything. Plus, these wedge espadrilles make your legs look awesome. (p.s. – they only run in whole sizes and they run big; consider taking a size down)
- I love nearly everything Kendra Scott makes, but I love these best. They come in a zillion colors and literally MAKE an outfit.
- If you don’t like attention, don’t wear strappy red-orange shoes. (p.s., again – sometimes J.Crew’s sales are better in store than online. Just sayin’.)
- I have a similar little bag in neon peach, but I love this mint version.
- The perfect cotton summer tote. My best friend gave this one to me (in a whale pattern) and it makes me happy every time I use it.
- When I’m not wearing my gold cuff, I’m definitely sporting a statement ring.
- Most fedoras don’t work on me because the brims are too small and the crown is too high, but this one is just right. Mine is sold out online, but you can find a similar one here.
- A few years ago I bought myself a pair of utterly classic light brown wedges from Clarks. Even as I was buying them, I was making fun of myself buying what seemed like total orthopedic sandals. But they are amahzingly comfortable, have stayed in perfect condition for years, and elicit compliments every time I wear them. Equally orthopedically-awesome ones can be found here.
- This super delicate necklace makes me feel sweet and strong all at the same time.
- When I’m not wearing my Kate Spades, I’m wearing Wayfarers.
- I got this tote in early Spring in a warm camel color. It’s simple design makes it a great work tote with more than enough room for a laptop sleeve or iPad, files, wallet, latest issue of House Beautiful, water bottle, and more. I never carry a purse when I’m using this.
- The upgraded summer camp friendship bracelet. Although it’s a pricey piece, it’s dear to my heart. Four of us gal pals got them last year to commemorate ten years of friendship. Sarah, one of us four, passed away in May 2011 and now her husband wears it for her.
So, friends, what are you wearing this summer? Do you love accessories too?